Tuesday, April 30, 2013

National Journalism Convention

Okay, can I start of with AAAHHHHHH!?!?!? is that proper? Probably not but I don't care. AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! (can you tell I am still excited??)
This last weekend (and friday), I went down (with my junior journalism buddies) to San Fran to the convention. It was super fun! Amazing! I hadn't expected to have this much fun, with all the classes I was going to take.
But I think the most rewarding time was doing the classes that gave ideas about bonding and having special things that tied staffers to one another. For instance, we have shirts. But do we want something to make us more official looking? Hmmm
That and receiving the award. I had to say, I was surprised. I had been doing reviews all this year in journalism and I honestly did not expect to get an award. There was at least 50-60 people in the room but it felt like 80 because we had to have them in chair with trays on their laps and the tables were crowded. And there were A LOT of tables. I was nervous. and THAT is why I started screaming internally with joy when my name came up on the screen. And I will be completely honest there: I honestly didn't think I was that good at writing reviews until this moment. Sure, writing reviews is fun and easy for me. It is something I love to do and I could totally build a career off of it if I wanted to or had the chance. But until that moment, I really didn't think I was good. So I am more excited that most to have this happen :)

Anyway, had a lot of fun! Hanging out with the buddies definitely (at least I think) brought us closer together and I can't wait for next year when we're all on the staff again!

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Congrats on your award!

aubrey22 said...

That trip was fricken awesome! And oh ya I could tell you were internally screaming with joy when you got your award! You beast!!!