Thursday, April 4, 2013

Greatness

"Shakespeare will never be made by the study of Shakspeare" - Emerson (AKA original transcendtalist thinker) I just love this because I like to imagine life in this way. I feel as though greatness cannot be taught because of this statement. No amount of superior knowledge will ever allow someone to succumb to success because it is not neccesarily what you have learned but how you apply yourself and I like to apply this to my life when I can. I know society sets up rules, expectations, and customs that challenges are individuality daily but those who are great do not succumb. Those who are great live with their own free will and I hope once I graduate I can live somewhere with a greater respect for this notion. Where indiduality is respected in greater numbers, I understand unique people in Rocklin. I know that everyone is unique. But it is different to think like a transcendalist. It is a kind of respect for yourself that cannot be taught and I am really modest so I would never admit to whether or not I think I have this trait but I feel like I strive for it whether I make it evident or not I do not know...

No comments: