Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Great Gatsby (be careful! it might have some spoilers!)

So I just finished this book before class even assigned reading. BUT IT WAS AMAZING!!! It is now my favorite book. I don't know if that's sad but oh well! Anyways, I am like obsessed and I swear like every sentence was beautiful (if that is even possible..) and I love how it is in the 1920s. To me that era was a time that was almost magical. But it was still such a gilded age, with its superficial feelings. Yet, that is what made the book so beautifully tragic! I mean take Daisy. This chick is so superficial that she doesn't even know what she loves. She just wants to be pretty and happy. And the only sane one I feel in this whole book was Nick (narrator) who was just showing the reader how demented everyone was. But, I guess everyone has their flaws... But I mean really? Oh and the thing that just kills me the most is that in one scene Tom (Daisy's husband) claims that women are too "loose" nowadays. BUT HE HAS A MISTRESS!!!!! What is wrong with these people???? Ugh, oh well.

3 comments:

Franchesca said...

The Great Gatsby is my favorite book!!!! <3

Franchesca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RHS Flash said...

Absolute classic. You are getting a tast of core knowledge... and great writing. Love Fitzgerald.