Monday, April 29, 2013

Excuse me miss you need to stop...stop...STOP!

So yesterday I was in the car with my dad and we were just driving around, having a great Sunday. While we were in the car we were listening to music and rocking out to just about anything you can think of. We were all smiles when suddenly we had to stop at a stop sign and this lady in front of us in a gray car slowed her vehicle down as she was approaching the stop sign, and didn't make a complete stop and just kept driving. Now I know people do this often, but I was still a little miffed about it and so was my Dad.
Turns out my Dad and I were still driving behind the gray car in the same direction. We kept driving straight and we ended up at another stop sign and the lady Still Didn't Stop. Now I was a little concerned at this point because my Dad said that he thought he saw a child in the back seat of her car.
This made me quite nervous. Not only was the lady driving recklessly, she had a child in her car as well. I made sure to get a good look at this woman in her car and I could tell that she considered herself the Almighty Queen Bee of this Earth because she was all decked out and bejeweled with anything and everything you could imagine.
1. Pearly dangly necklace thingymabob hanging from a mirror in her car
2. Big sparkly earrings
3. Rings on her fingers (and don't forget her diamond ring her hubby gave her of course)
4. Huge sunglasses (most likely the expensive kind)
5. Little figures of some character of the sorts on her nails (charms, one direction people, I dunno. :P)
6. We'll get back to number 6 later on.
Anyway.......
So Queen Bee has ran past 2 stop signs so far. Let's see how this continues on.
My Dad and I were still following behind her and were about to turn right onto Park Drive.
Now my Dad and I were both expecting her to stop this time. There's traffic and an actual red stoplight. She has to stop here right? We both looked at each other expectantly.

Did she stop?

Nope.
At this time I practically wanted to break all of her precious jeweled items on her person and throw them in the dumpster because I was furious. Even though I probably shouldn't even care about this, I did. So whatever. I was pissed off. Why on earth was she driving so badly?? I couldn't even fathom it.
Finally she switched lanes and it turns out we were driving to the right of her and eventually were stopped yet again at a stop light.
Back to Number 6 Now:
To top off these series of unfortunate events with a big ol' cherry and whip cream on top of them, Miss Queen Bee was in fact texting and driving. With BOTH hands, iPhone 5 placed ever so delicately onto the steering wheel, texting. Texting! I just about blew a gasket. I wanted to flip tables. Just punch something to relieve some anger.
I couldn't believe it.

*sigh*

Done.

3 comments:

Rverma said...

I am glad to see that another Mock Trialer has discovered the joys of road rage...now when you drive people to competition next year you can get mad too. My legacy will persevere.

Taylor said...

I agree! I get so mad when I see those kind of people driving.

Liz said...

Agreed!!!! I used to not care if they did that or not because it was their life and not mine, but now it's like, excuse me, you are on the public road and yes, it's your choice whether you make a stupid mistake or not, but it can definitely effect those around you. People like this aggravate me. Why can't they just pull over and text or wait until they make a full and complete stop at their destination??? Ugh. People.