Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Speck Among the Redwoods

This past Sunday was my birthday, the big 1 7. And the only thing, the only thing I wanted for my birthday was to leave Rocklin for the day. And I got my wish.

I went to Muir Woods National Monument in Mill Valley which is about 2 hours away. I got to be a speck among the redwood trees that day. While it was still a small forest of redwood trees the immensity of them was just amazing. To be able to walk through trees that have been around for more then 2,000 years was unbelievable to me. Yet, with the hundreds of people who were walking through the park it still had an eerie silence to it. It seemed as though after first seeing the trees people would instantly become quite, but even after walking through the park for a couple hours people would still walk out with an amazed face. I will
definitely be going back to Muir Woods this summer!

No comments: