Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Nostalgic For Times I've Never Lived In

So I just saw Across the Universe again, and it is THE BEST! It's basically a musical with The Beatles music about the sixties--how can that ever go wrong? (well unless there was bad acting...) Anyways! It made me nostalgic for the sixties... Even though I am way too young to ever have been thought of at that time. But still!!! I want to participate in peace protests and put flowers in guns! And I want to walk around barefoot with a crown of flowers in my hair! And what about them concerts man!!!!! Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The Doors, Janis Joplin, and so on. I would just be ecstatic to just go to one of those concerts. Man, I tell you if I had a time machine I'd have a party in the sixties. Oh, and we were learning about them in APUSH and I was just so excited! (If you are in my APUSH class, you might have noticed that I didn't look excited... It was because I was trying really hard not to die of happiness... especially when we watched that video Montgomery showed us on the sixties and music.) Anyways, I died internally with nostalgic feelings so strongly to a time I never experienced. I wonder what would be worse: living through a time and feeling nostalgic about it or not living through a time and still feeling nostalgic about it. Well, either way it sucks. And basically if and when they ever make time machines you know exactly where I'm going.

2 comments:

Rverma said...

I know what you mean, I feel like I would have fit in really well in 1960's America (well, about as well as I could fit in anywhere) with all the music and activism and civil rights movements.

Rverma said...

I know what you mean, I feel like I would have fit in really well in 1960's America (well, about as well as I could fit in anywhere) with all the music and activism and civil rights movements.