Wednesday, April 24, 2013

CSTs

I am actually kind of enjoying CST week. I haven't gotton as much homework, but with APs around the corner, I'm more stressed than normal anyway, so I find it relaxing to spend hours taking a test, instead of going to class, and learning, and being assigned more homework.

And the fact that administration makes teachers give less homework during CST week, so we aren't stressed, get enough sleep, etc. shows that they know that on a daily basis on a regular week we aren't getting enough sleep and are super stressed. Does that seem wrong to anyone else?

Why should these tests be any different than the tests I take in class almost every day? (I literally have a test/important quiz every day, so this is just bizarre that they put emphasis like this on these tests)

I also don't understand why these scores reflect on the students, and go on our college apps, etc. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought these tests were an evaluation of how teachers/the school are doing? What if I had a horrible teacher, who didn't teach the right material, or just taught badly, and even though I studied I got Proficient or Basic? That would go on my applications. Oh well. Only two more tests to go for my entire life!

Once CST's are over, hopefully the year will fly by, because I am so excited for BRITAIN! Gotta start perfecting my accent ;)

No comments: