Sunday, April 7, 2013

Blog Full Of Randomness

It's 10 pm as of now and I got into bed at like 6 pm. Seriously, I feel tired, then as soon as I lay down, I feel energized. Sarcasmic yay. Reading all of these blogs makes my life seem so drab. Is that a word? Now it is. Honestly, the highlight of my week is the track meet. How nerdy is that? I must say, however, that I love love LOVED the Thunder Invite. So many students! The meet made me so happy. I don't even know what it is about the meets that I like, it's just not explainable. It seems that everyone has summer in sight of them and of course that's in my mind, but I don't think that's what pushes me through the last bit of school, it's track that does the job. Unconventional, I know. Anyways, all of the parent volunteers that I worked with from Saturday pretty much called me "boss" and let me do whatever. Is it necessarily a bad thing to be recognized as boss amongst a group of men in their 30s and higher? Leilah (I think it was her) said that I would be perfect as a dictator. I'd like to think of this as true.

I'm particularly happy that I can feel my legs right now. Last year I had to run the papers up to the booth and I swear I could barely walk for two days because I was so sore...

I cannot wait for the journalism trip. It's unfortunate that it lands on the same day as the Mock Trial banquet, but hopefully Rahul will persuade our coach enough to move it. I would be devastated to miss it. As I progress through high school, I think simple events like these start meaning a lot more to me. It's the second to last banquet I'll have for Mock Trial and the last banquet I'll have with four amazing seniors that mean so much to me: Lii, Charisse, Rahul, and Amanda. Back to my original point, I think I'm in the category of column/editorial. I don't know the exact difference between the two, but as long as the topic can strike some emotional chord within me, I should be good to go. If it's something relatively unrelated to my life, such as penguins (just a random topic, I care about penguins, but let's be real, I don't care about them THAT much, sorry penguin lovers), then there goes my chances of writing well.

So, Saturday morning, I stopped by the Starbucks near Bel Air and saw an employee there. The weird thing was that I recognized him...from the Starbucks near the high school. My mind was blown. I know most people find that uninteresting, but it's weird that I see him and ask myself "Why is he here and not at the other one?" I wonder if he recognized me...

I really should go to sleep, but I just can't, which is especially unfortunate since I'm supposed to help my friend with precalc in the morning (as if I understand it myself...), but at least I get Starbucks out of it.

There's a picnic this Wedsnesday for the Picnic Club, yay! It seems a little cliche-y (did I spell that right?) simply because the only people that show up are friends of Juliette and Autumn. Where'd all my friends go? I mean, some people said that they would go in the beginning of the year and they never showed. But I put in an announcement form, so hopefully we'll see some new faces and eat some delicioso food. *Don't correct me Rahul!

No comments: