Thursday, April 4, 2013

Softball!

Okay I'm sure all of you totally want to hear more about softball...just kidding. I tried to think of something more exciting than softball to blog about, but honestly, I don't do anything else but softball and school, and softball is more exciting than school.

Well, considering that we're 5-0 in league, softball this year has been going pretty good for RHS. Considering we didn't even make it to playoffs the last two years, I personally feel like we're kicking butt. It's kind of cool how talented our team is - the fact that the majority of us have played together in Rocklin Girls Softball League since we were 8 years old makes it even cooler. Our team is like a little family!

Why have we been so successful this year? We only lost a couple of key players from last year...so what changed? In my opinion, I think we just got fed up of sucking. Rocklin has a tradition of winning and we as individuals and a team wanted to continue that. Softball doesn't always get a good name for various reasons (yes, I know it is boring to watch) but it can be exciting. Take winning the Stephanie Ledeax tournament before spring break and beating Granite Bay with a walk off grand slam home run. We beat Woodcreek, the defending sections champs, and even Casa Robles, who has two major PAC-12 players on their team.

But still, I think we got the full package: good teammates, good coaches, good talent, good chemistry. Just like our boys basketball team this year, we went from bottom of the totem pole to the top - all in a year. I'm excited to be apart of such an exciting season.

No comments: