Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Break, Megan, and Transcendentalism

Spring break has know come to an end. It was really relaxing, and I had a lot of time to spend with my horse and read. Which is a pretty awesome break from school and shtuff.

Megan is back!! She was in Mexico all break with her church, so I had no contact with her. Anyway, she is back now, and she has brought a new sweat shirt thing that smells like dirt and wonderfulness.


Oh! This morning I had a perfect transcendentalist moment. I had to take Romeo to my trainers down the street so he could be looked at by a chiropractor (Romeo is my horse). When I walked over, the sun had not yet risen, but there was a peaceful glow in the air. After getting him all settled in the stall, I walked out to the barn door and watched as the sun rose behind some oak trees. There was hare a little way off in the distance. It started hopping towards me, not knowing I was there. It stopped about 30 feet away and started nibble some grass at its feet. I just stood there, as the sun came up, and as the hare lingered in front of me, I was struck with beauty and tranquility of the world and its early morning secret, that we had shared.


Thanks, Pereira, for introducing me to transcendentalism. 

2 comments:

RHS Flash said...

Love the visual image. Life is about these moments, not the madness.

Alina said...

I enjoy this very much! Trancendent