Friday, April 12, 2013

I love buses

The flight to Japan was about 11 hours long, but I made it! The plane was uncomfortable, but I did manage to sleep for about half of the ride. Luckily, some of the other students sitting by me were nice, and I knew a few of them, so I made some friends. After we landed and went through customs, my group of piano teachers and students had to wait a few hours for the other group of people coming on a later flight from other areas in the US. 

Since we had so much time, we took a walk around the airport and decided to search for a Starbucks. After about half an hour of searching, we finally found one, although the menu was slightly different. The airport had wi-fi, so I was able to use iMessage to text some people with iPhones. 

After everyone arrived, we all got on a bus the Suzuki Piano had rented for the teachers and students. The ride was like, 4 hours, but the bus was so much more comfortable than the plane. I took two seats so that I could put my bags on one of them(Our suitcases went in the bottom compartment of the bus). The chairs reclined and there was so much footspace. After being cramped in a plane behind an old couple who leaned their chairs back as far as possible, the bus was basically heaven. 

Finally, at like 10pm(6am in America), we got off the bus to meet our host families. I had met one of the girls in my host family before, when she came to America for piano. I also met the other girl from America who I`m staying with, Renee.

Luckily everyone is super nice and welcoming. The family we`re staying with made us crepes for breakfast. They had so many things you could put inside, for both savory and sweet crepes. I had like, 3 with ham and veggies and then one with bananas and chocolate whipped cream. They were soooooooooo delicious. 

We went to the drugstore today to pick up somethings that we forgot at home, and the packaging for everything is adorable. And for everyone who is obsessed with Baby Lips from Maybelline, they have BABY FACE. But yeah, the drugstore was really clean and definitely more Target than Walgreens. 

I don`t have a rehearsal today, unlike most students, but I`ll have one tomorrow and I`m a little nervous. 

I should probably go do more homework for other classes now. Ugh.

Also, if anyone from my pod is reading this, I miss you guys!

2 comments:

Alexis said...

I miss you so much! Come home!

Lydia said...

I miss you and I am grateful for our emails and glad you like buses.