Sunday, April 7, 2013

Japan

So I'm leaving on Thursday to go to Japan. It's for a piano concert and I'll be gone for about two and a half weeks. Missing school will be pretty great, obviously, except for the fact that I'll have two and a half weeks of work to catch up on when I get back. 

Some of my teachers like Mr. Trejo in math will be able to give me the notes ahead of time so that I can (hopefully) get some of the work done while I'm in the airplane or whatever. And then other teachers, like Mr. Nichols, answer my question of "Is there any work I should get done while I'm gone?" by just saying "Yes," and walking away. 

Ok Mr. Nichols, don't blame me when I don't blog at all in the next few weeks because you didn't tell me what to do. 

I actually don't even know if I'll have wi-fi in Japan. Like, can you imagine? Not being able to check instagram every two seconds??? I'll have 300mb of internet for while I'm gone, but considering that my usage for the past two weeks has been over 1,000mb, I think that this could be a potential problem. 

Places like Mc. Donalds will have free wi-fi, but what are the odds of me spending much time in a Mc. Donalds while in Japan? I also have a limit of 50 texts receiving and sending. Since I'll be out of the country, the bill will be huge if I go over and I'd honestly rather stay in Japan than face my parents' wrath if they saw the bill.

Since none of my family is coming and I'm going for a piano concert, I'll be staying as a homestay in some random family's house. Yeah, that's a little terrifying. And they haven't responded to my email that I sent last week(hence, the reason I don't know if I'll have wi-fi or not). What if they hate me. Ugh whatever.

Also, I'll be having an AP World unit test like the day/the day after I get back. Ok, cool.

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Leah, I don't think I will be able to survive silver days without you.