Saturday, January 22, 2011

You know what really grinds my gears?

You know what really grinds my gears?
-When my house is out of Eggo waffles
-When my brother tries to tell me what to eat
-When my brother tries to make me vacuum
-When I lose at board games
-When people assume I'm stupid
-When people beat around the bush
-When someone you clearly know doesn't acknowledge you in the halls
-Having to work on Saturday mornings
-Having to work at all
-When people my age condescendingly call me adorable
-When people call the elderly adorable
-When good friends become acquaintances
-When girls think it's okay to shriek all the time
-Wind chimes
-Wind
-Being predictable
-Meatloaf
-That California doesn't have lightning bugs
-Rihanna
-That Santa doesn't exist
-Forgetting my password
-Forgetting to do my homework
-Forgetting everything, always
-Fake smiles
-Stale cookies
-That I'm not a wizard
-That superheroes don't exist, but villains do
-When people take 184 napkins, use one, then throw the rest away
-The freezing cold water in the restroom faucets
-Being a picky eater
-Dull pencils
-When people spell my last name Peterson
-That my nose is always pink
-Cat hair
-When people say sam-which
-People who are always in a hurry
-When Costco doesn't have food samples
-The song 'Eye of the Tiger'
-Horoscopes
-Magazines about celebrities and their personal lives
-When you are eating candy and someone asks if they can have a red one
-Ice cream with freezer burn
-People who dress their pets
-That I bite my nails
-Cold hands
-That I suck at public speaking

8 comments:

Amanda C. said...

My gosh I could comment on each point you have. Good work, missy.

Christian Young said...

Haha...just wondering. Did you randomly think of all of this when you were typing it as a blog? Or do you perhaps keep a list somewhere that you have compiled over time? :)

Holly said...

I sat at the computer for WAY too long thinking of everything that bothers me. It was pretty easy, I could have gone on forever haha

Keely said...

I love this Holly. I especially agree with the napkin thing, the girls who shriek and the regional lack of lightning bugs. I love lightning bugs. :)

Kacy said...

This is hilarious. I love that you said "When people call the elderly adorable" because I also can't stand that and I've never heard of someone else that thinks that.

natalie said...

wELL My mom used to take 184 napkins, use one and throw the rest out but now she's better. She saves the extras in our napkin drawer.

Holly said...

Seriously, I feel like it is so demeaning. People would always call my great grandpa adorable and I felt like he was anything but that.
And Natalie, your mom would have a napkin drawer.

Elisabeth said...

Holly this blog just describes you so well. My favorites are the "sam-which" one, forgetting everything always, and that you aren't a wizard.