Sunday, January 23, 2011

Starbucks Spelled My Name Wrong

I really don't care if Starbucks spelled my name wrong on my drink. Maybe it is because I go to the place three-four times a year (and wrote an editorial, "Stopbucks", for the Flash two years ago). Or maybe it is because "Amanda" is a pretty simple name to spell (other than amanDUH) so I don't come across misspellings. I don't know. To me it just seems silly to make a big deal out of a spelling error on a cardboard sleeve/piece of plastic that is going to be thrown away later that day. I know Safa agrees with me because she just tells the people her name is "Sara" for convenience. I mean, these people are human, they make mistakes, too. It isn't like the name on the drink is going to alter the flavor of the beverage.

3 comments:

Rverma said...

You can imagine what I go through with a name like Rahul - everytime I order something thats not plain cofee, I end up answering to Ralph.

Erika said...

See, it's things like this that make the uber-hip coffee shops like Edwin's Coffee and Tea so awesome.

Kiersten said...

haha i love this ! i get kirsten, kersten, and keirsten all the time !