Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Day I Became A Wizard

Being the Harry Potter fan that I am, I want nothing more than to become a wizard and go to Hogwarts. It may sound insane but over winter break my dream came true. As I entered into the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios, tears came into my eyes as I saw the world I had been reading about since I was little appear before me. The is only one word to describe the theme park: magical. Everything is so detailed that you feel like you are in the movie. In Hogsmeade, I was surrounded by butterbeer stands, Ollivanders, Honeydukes, Zonko's, and The Three Broomsticks. I even purchased my own wand, a duplicate of Hermione's and drank a butterbeer which was quite delicious and tasted a lot like cream soda. Needless to say I was in Harry Potter heaven. The most chilling experience was looking up at the replica of Hogwarts and entering it to go on the main attraction, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. I have to say that it is the best ride I have ever been on. You sit on these "enchanted benches" and you begin to fly all over Hogwarts narrowly escaping spiders, dragons, and dementors. Parts of it are like Soaring Over California except way more intense while the other parts you are flipping, turning, and spinning all over the place. Even though the ride is meant to be sort of scary I sat there smirking like an idiot due to being overwhelmed with the amazingness of the ride. The downside to the day was that it was extremely crowded. I don't think I have ever been around that many people before in my life. Luckily, we went early enough so we had to wait an hour just to get into the Harry Potter section of the park instead of the three hour wait when we left. It was two hours just get inside some of the stores. But overall it was all worth it to live out my lifes dream of being a wizard.

1 comment:

Holly said...

You... cried?
Oh man. I want to go so bad.