Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thanks Kahn!!

So i'm staying up late tonight to catch up on some AP Chem Kahn Academy videos Mr. Werner assigned us to watch. And I'm actually not falling asleep as I watch them. We are learning organic chemistry right now, and so far I'm loving this Kahn Academy stuff. I'm actually excited for this unit because I'm actaully following what this guy is saying. Unfortunately organic chem is the shortest unit of the year because it is not a common subject covered on the AP exam.

But it's really funny because the narrator of the organic chem videos sounds just like Jeffrey Seyfried, which makes it all the more interesting. Kahn Acedemy even covers calculus! I have a feeling I'm going to have a good time with this website. It seems like it will end up being a real life savor.

1 comment:

Dennis Daniels said...

Hey Natalie! Great to hear you are enjoying the Kahn Academy videos! Did you know you could download and have them all on your Windows computer?

Have you tried to make your own yet? You have all the that chem homework to do anyway... why not trying to record it as a la Kahn Academy. I'm pretty sure your teacher, Mr Werner, will be impressed! BTW, I use screencast-o-matic for my recordings.

best of luck!
Dennis