Friday, January 7, 2011

Icing On A Cupcake

I took a visit yesterday to arguably my favorite place in Rocklin, Icing on a Cupcake. I am not a particularly huge fan of cakes or cupcakes in general, but Icing on a Cupcake is amazing. And apparently I'm not the only fan, as this small town bakery has become an unexpected success and is spreading it's business around Northern California, with new openings in Folsom and Sacramento and a possible opening in Roseville.

Icing on a Cupcake is so unique because of it's very homey feel. I've never felt unwelcome there, seeing as I've visited with others and just talked or even done my Calculus homework with a friend. The employees are always wearing some kind of T-Shirt saying "I Love Cupcakes" or "Cupcakes Rule!", and it seems like they are even part of the light pink wall paint and cheery decor of the room.

But the cupcakes are what keeps me coming back. I have never had better cupcakes in my life. They even vary it with their "Flavors of the Month" (November was Cranberry, December was Gingerbread, and January is Maple, which I had yesterday and it was AMAZING.) and experiment with flavors that I would never expect in cupcakes, seeing as I saw a couple dozen pistachio ones on display yesterday. They're extremely rich, however, and best enjoyed in moderation or scraping some icing of the top (it's ridiculously sweet).

So if you haven't visited yet this "Boutique Cupcakery" yet (as they call themselves), take soem time to do so. you might just find yourself addicted.

No comments: