Sunday, January 2, 2011

Piano

We have always had this huge piano in our living room that no one really plays. But recently I have been having an interest in playing it. My friend has siblings who can play but never really learned herself. So I thought it would be cool to learn some songs on the piano. It really helps having someone who has no experience in music also try and learn with you because both people are struggling to learn and it makes it easier. We mainly learn songs from youtube and friends who know songs. My problem with learning the piano is I don't really finish songs..I learn half and either get lazy or its too complicated for me to learn the left hand. I think its easier when someone actually teaches me, because they can work on it at the same time and visually show me in person. Now I really want to learn one full song and play it really well. The song I want to learn is River Flows in You. It sounds really complicated but also really pretty, a couple of my friends can play it and I get jealous, but they play other instruments, so they have some musical background where as I don't. But yeah basically I want to learn this song by the end of the school year.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

yay! you can do it :)

Holly said...

I believe in you :)
Hahah, good luck!

Erika said...

River Flows in You is such a good song, but I haven't tried playing it. But I do know how to play another Yiruma song, Kiss the Rain, which is even better in my opinion. You can definitely do it :)

Michelle said...

Oh! I know river flows in you! great song.. keep at it!!!