Sunday, January 2, 2011

Mon amie Angelique

I was so thankful I got to spend New Year's Eve and Day with my good friend from church, Angelique. I don't get to see her very often bec ause she is away at college, but I absolutely love her and her family. They should be featured in a documentary, but for now, I'll just start off with a blog post about them.

1) Angelique's parents are from Egypt and went to boarding school in France before moving to the states . They had a cute little love story, as they have known each other basically their whole lives.

2) They speak three languages fluently: Arabic, French, English. Angelique speaks English, French, and Spanish allll fluently (and better than me). It is so fun to have mulitlingual friends.

3) They love and respect all culture. Every Christmas party of theirs is a "life-changing experience", as Angelique puts it. The energy is always inspirational. Walking into their house alone is so refreshing...I see art from all over the world.

4) Angelique has been all over the world. She has been to Mexico, France, Brazil, Russia, Greece, Italy, etc.

5) Her sister has done medical work in Africa. She is a Harvard graduate. Her brother is a UCLA graduate and her other brother is a published author.

6) Angelique goes to Stanford. She is so humble about it though, she says she's going to start saying "Palo Alto Community College" when people ask what school she goes to.

7) Her family has a good sense of humor. They are ALL so down-to-Earth and such kind humanitarians who know what is important in life.

8) Angelique hung out with me and my foreign-exchange student this summer. Oh, and my foreign-exchange student who said America has no "attractive" females, liked her. Yes, she is beautiful inside and out.

9) Even though her family is so intellectual, they know how to have fun.

10) Angelique and I want to take racket-ball to the professional level.

11) Angelique wants to go into the health field and be a multilingual medical writer just like me! She got to write for Stanford's newspaper before she was even a student there.

I definitely wish I could bring her into journalism for a day.

1 comment:

Holly said...

You should bring her! She sounds very interesting.