Friday, January 21, 2011

The Beginning

Tomorrow, Saturday January the 22nd, I will be starting 'boot camp' training in order to test for my third degree black belt. Having already been through two boot camps before I know it's going to be intense to say the least. Training will consist of being at karate almost everyday; sparring Monday-Wednesdays, general training Tuesday-Thursdays, and conditioning and whatnot Friday and Saturday. I've been anticipating this for quite a while now, and to be honest I'm pretty excited to start working hard. I am apprehensive however, about how all these extra hours at karate will conflict with schoolwork and Mock Trial practice. The day of the black belt test is April 29-30th and two days later on May 2nd I have tests for two of my AP class, Chemistry in the morning and Psychology in the afternoon. Later in the week I have the AP US test. Studying is going to be really hectic with everything else that is going on so I hope to take full advantage of the two week-long breaks that we have before then.

Honestly though, I really enjoy boot camp. We run around 3-6 miles a week and train hard on all the material we need to know. It's fun because you become so close with the other candidates who will be testing with you. Though time consuming, when it's all over you feel pretty accomplished with all the hard work. Should be some good times.

No comments: