Saturday, January 1, 2011

Closed for Christmas

I was in Southern California for the week after Christmas visiting family and we made a quick stop at UCLA for a tour. The problem with this idea was the campus was closed so it was almost completely empty. It was a beautiful campus and was absolutely enormous but I felt like I couldn't get a really good idea of what the college was like because there were no students.
We also stopped at UCSB, which was incredible. It's a pretty big campus but is much smaller than UCLA(seriously, UCLA is like a city inside a city). The buildings were all huge and beautiful at both campuses and at UCSB you could see the ocean from some of them.
I loved both universities but I have decided that for future college tours I will go when there are actually some students on campus. I would recommend the same to anyone else who is planning on checking out some schools. :)

2 comments:

RHS Flash said...

It's a good first feeling. If you get serious, we have grads there.

Yasmine_B said...

I toured UCLA freshman year when my sister was looking at colleges. The campus is amazing. I love the huge lawns and architectural style of the buildings. The weather is great too. It's definitely on my hopeful list for colleges.