Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Reflections

"So this is Christmas, and what have you done? Another year over, and a new one's just begun." -John Lennon, "Happy Christmas (War is Over)"
These words of my favorite Christmas song came softly from a radio in the corner of Grooves record store on Haight St. just a few blocks away from my uncles house on a recent trip to San Francisco. I don't know if it was the song, being in my favorite place on Earth, or being with one of the most influential people in my life, my uncle David, on Christmas, but it made me really stop and think about everything that I had done in 2010, right or wrong.
There was a lot I feel went right this year. I expanded friendships with new people. I became more self confident. And my favorite part of 2010 was becoming closer with my brother.
This summer my brother played in a baseball tournament in Southern California, and up until that point we hadn't been as close as we could have. I don't know what changed in LA, but I'm glad it did. Now we think like twins and are the best of friends.
Also, in 2010, I learned a lot about myself. I learned how much I value myself and that I won't let people disrespect me. I also learned that I need to balance relationships with friends, old and new. I love them all and want to show them that. Finally, I learned that I need to become a little more focused on my schoolwork again because in the long run, drama from Rocklin High School will not matter.
Overall, 2010 has been a great year, and I have learned so much about myself. I can't wait to see what 2011 has to bring. :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

It sounds like you had a good year!
That's really cool about your brother. When my oldest brother went away to college, my other brother (who is just a year older than me) and I became SO much closer. We were always close, but now we are practically best friends.