Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wordz

Yup.
So I read Catcher in they Rye last night.
Meh.
I mean, it was a lot better than any other assigned reading I've had to do. Besides Tuesdays with Morrie, that is.
But Holden was just so negative. Pessimistic.
He hated everything, and it made me feel pretty lousy.
"Wah wah wah I'm Holden, and I am misunderstood. Feel bad for me." Shut up.
But otherwise, it was easy to read. So that was nice.
Elisabeth says not to hate on Holden. Maybe she feels she is misunderstood too and can relate to him.
Nah, it's elisabeth. HHAHAAHAHA. SHES NOT MISUNDERSTOOD! HAHAH.
One thing I did enjoy is Holden's relationship with his little sister. Having two older brothers, I thought it was very sweet the way he cared for her.
OH, the part where he spends the night at his old teachers house and wakes up to the creep stroking his face. What is that??
Okay, yeah.
If I knew this boy personally, I would probably slap him senseless.

6 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Iz pickin up wat u puttin dizown but Holden iz my homedawg, fo sho.

Holly said...

U iz so lame, lyke fo realz.

Amanda C. said...

I loved Catcher and Tuesdays with Morrie! Yes, Holden is annoying, but his personality contributes to the overall themes I think. That was one of my favorite books.

P.S. Mr. Salinger (a descendant of JD Salinger) is the assistant principal of Napa High.

Hannah Vahldick said...

Ok. The creeping teacher wasn't creeping on Holden. If you think about it, you only see it from Holden's perspective which was to instantly overreact. Mr. Antolini was looking over him like a father would, it was meant to be a comforting gesture.
And I love Catcher in the Rye, I'm sorry that you don't.

Danielle said...

yessss the pessimism drove me crazy!!

Keely said...

I liked Holden, if only because he's realisticly idiotic. But I can definitely see you slapping him senseless... :)