Wednesday, January 26, 2011

This is why America is FAT.

So I've been looking around the Internet since class started (only 15 minutes), and I have already seen countless food ads. Pictures of cupcakes, cookies, burgers, and other delicious looking items are in ads, especially all over Yahoo!.

Seriously? What kind of person likes to be bombarded with pictures of the most mouth-watering food possible while they're sneaking on the computer at school or in some cubicle at work? It's 8:03 in the morning. I just had breakfast. And I'm already in the mood for a burger and a cupcake.

This is why America is fat. We try to mind our own business, we really do. But the food industry, they're masters at advertisement. Literally no other ad could get me as hyped up about a product as a huge picture of some quality food does. Or just someone who happens to be walking around campus with a Starbucks in their hand with some steam floating off the top or the whip cream drizzled with chocolate showing through the clear plastic dome top thing.

And now I am starving, but my lunch seems tasteless. Healthy food.... gah.

Ads suck.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

The people walking around campus with their Starbucks' make me so jealous. ..Now I'm thirsty.

Kacy said...

The worst: The Recession hurts...Ice cream helps.

Kacy said...

Wait, I misread it. It's "rejection hurts, ice cream helps" Hahahah...I like mine better.

Franchesca said...

I totally agree. I hate ads they are the worst!