Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Good morning, ladies and gentleman..."

I had a realization the other day- I'm a weirdo. You know, I hate it when that happens. When you finally get "Oh, wow...I'm sort of strange".
It's because I love doing speeches.The trigger? AUWW speech contest.(By the way, if Shilpa is joining, I'm so screwed)My goal is to make at least 5th place in the competition. This usually wouldn't be a worry, but there's 15 applicants. So basically, I have a 3rd of a chance of making it. if we're basing it on random statistics....I'm so nervous! The topic is women's rights and poverty. I'm basing teh main cause of poverty on the stereotypes surrounding women in the job industry.

I need to practice, but instead I'm writing this.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I know you'll do great Amanda!