Monday, November 1, 2010

Where's George?


Yesterday, someone me handed me a strange dollar bill while helping out with donuts at my church after mass. There was a stamp near George Washington that said "Track this bill." I took a closer look and figured out that this was some sort of project to see just where a dollar could travel.

I got home and logged on to wheresgeorge.com to learn that my dollar was received at Cafe Express, spent at WinCo, and somehow ended up at SS. Peter and Paul in Rocklin. This dollar bill travels an average of .73 miles a day.

In fifth grade, I got some creative inspiration to actually write a "book" about the life of a dollar bill and where it traveled. It's fun to imagine (and now actually know) where in the world a single piece of money has been.

4 comments:

natalie said...

I hope some day you do write a book about that. I would read it!

Alisha said...

Oh I've seen some bills with that on it and always wondered...That's pretty cool!

Devin M. said...

That's awesome! I've never heard about that, but it's a pretty cool concept.

Christy said...

wow!!! thats really cool!!