Friday, November 5, 2010

Overbooked

I knew junior year would be difficult, but I seem to have over scheduled my life this year. It's more than halfway into the first semester, and I have been so busy the whole time. Between three AP's and three Honors classes I usually have a few hours of homework each night. I miss the simplicity of freshmen year, when I had maybe 1 or 2 hours of homework a day. It's now hard for me to imagine what it was like back in summer just a few months ago when my days were filled with relaxation and scheming over how to further delay my summer homework.
Between various clubs, martial arts, and soccer, there's almost never a day when I don't have an extracurricular to participate in. As an individual who is deeply affected by the condition known as chronic procrastination (I don't understand people who aren't), I usually stay up into the wee hours of the morning on most school nights. This leads the sleepiness throughout the school day and occasional naps when I get home (if I have time before I have to be somewhere) which in turn leads to further nightly wakefulness.
I have deduced that I need to learn how to more effectively budget my time in order to have a more productive and normal schedule. I would never consider giving up one of my activities or dropping an advanced class because I love what I do and I know it will pay off in the future. I'm really only ranting because it's around 2 in the morning and I still have half of my homework left to do. Good night!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I think you have overscheduled. I'm pretty much in the same year as you plus I have an extra english and history and I hardly do any homework. That's what plus period is for. And, that's why I go to bed at 8:30 every night. But, I admire you, Yasmine.
Still, one day, I hope you get to go to bed on time because your health is more important than any class will ever be.