Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh, Suzie Snowflake.

So, I've taken up piano. And I'm actually pretty excited about it.
But NO ONE is as excited as my mother.
See, when she was little girl she played piano. When she started taking lessons, she envisioned her playing christmas carols while the entire family gathered around and sung along. Instead, whenever she would play, she would hear all the doors in the house closing so they wouldn't have to listen. Apparently this has given her some kind of complex.
It started with her living vicariously through my piano playing. She sits there and watches me when I practice, and fancies herself some kind of expert although she hasn't played since she was 12. And she kept trying to print out some song called Suzie Snowflake that used to be her favorite. Last night she found it on youtube and insisted I listen to it.
But now, she has taken it to an all new level. Today she printed out the sheet music for at least 7 different christmas songs. When I refused to learn Jolly Old Saint Nicholas for her, she took it upon herself. It's pretty awful.
I love my mom.

5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Hahaha I can't wait until you do the same thing to your daughter because you are going to be just like her. But that is definitely a good thing. :)

Christian Young said...

Haha...that's funny. Parents always seem to do interesting things like that. Have fun doing piano :).

Holly said...

Stop saying that elisabeth.
I like to pretend it's not true.

natalie said...

is that the song your mom always sings??
i love your mom b/c she reminds me of my mom!
and my daughter is going to be really good at piano too!
see your mom and i have similar goals for our children;)

Holly said...

You don't have children Natalie.
:)