Sunday, November 28, 2010

Who do I want to be?

People are always asking what I want to be when I grow up.
"A journalist?" they ask, shocked. I guess I don't seem the type.
I remember being a little girl, mouth full of frosted flakes, eyes glued to the TV. But unlike the average eight year old, it wasn't cartoons that drew my attention. It was Good Day Sacramento.
I watched with complete admiration as Sandra Furlong met people with fascinating stories, tried new and exciting things, and then promptly reported back to me. I wanted to go to the places she got to go, talk to the people she got to meet, and know the things she had the privilege of knowing. It was then that I decided I wanted to be a broadcast journalist.
Since then, I've wanted to be an interior designer, an astronaut, and nearly everything in between, but somehow it always comes back to journalism. Who knows, I could change my mind a trillion more times before I decide what I want to do for the rest of my life. After all, I'm only 16.

No comments: