Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Very Potter Thanksgiving

In light of the recent release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, my entire Thanksgiving Break has been characterized by frequent viewings of the Harry Potter movies. I watched the first and second movies a few days ago, and the third today. I saw the Deathly Hallows on Wednesday after watching the sixth and also saw the seventh again today. It's really fun to compare the performances of Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson over the years. They've changed so much from the adorable, slightly cheesy actors they were back in 2001 to the mature, experienced actors they are today. I personally believe that the seventh movie most closely exemplified the book out of all of them which I am glad for because it was my favorite book. There were scenes that were exactly the way I had imagined them while reading (I won't give away any spoilers...Dobby was amazing).
I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I've read the series around four or five times, seen the movies quite a few times, and I own all the books and dvds. It's basically the most genius series invented in my opinion and J.K. Rowling is an incredible writer. I'm super excited for the release of the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 in July. It's also kinda depressing to think after the completion of the seventh movie, there will be no more new Harry Potter releases. But alas, one can always take a trip down memory lane and reread the series or rewatch the movies.

No comments: