Thursday, November 18, 2010

Longest Week of My Life

This truly has been the most stressful longest week of the year. First of all, I made the mistake of letting procrastination get the best of me. I put off an essay and a project until the night before they are due. So last night I scrambled to get a fifteen page project done. If I fail this project, I fail the class. Way too much pressure for the week before break.
Next I was all stressed out for a family friend who is in the hospital. Monday night, I couldn't get any sleep because I was worrying so much about him. Now he is doing fine, so that takes a little stress of my shoulders.
Lastly, my Dad is away on business in the Bay Area. This means heightened responsibilities for me because my Mom works late. It has been so stressful walking home, which is farther away than I would have liked. The most stressful part of this ordeal is taking care of my little brother. I seriously think it would have been easier to take care of a little kid than my teenage brother. At least I wouldn't be pressured into taking him for late night Red Bull runs or worrying about where the heck he is after school. I seriously have so much respect for kids of single parents after this week.
Now the week is coming to a close, and I have to admit things are getting better. All my projects are turned in, Dad is coming home tomorrow, and the break is beginning. I am so excited to hang out with friends. I already have the whole weekend planned out with one of my best friends. I am so excited because we are making funfetti cake cookies for our friend in the hospital, tamales with my Grandma, and just chilling for the rest of the week. So ready for Thanksgiving break!

2 comments:

Chelsea Y said...

For some reason I feel like this week went by really fast! lol

Erika said...

I know how you feel about the sibling thing though, my parents don't get home until 8 at night or so. I'm the new chaffeur :/ But I hope your Thanksgiving break goes better!