Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hobbies

Everyone needs a break once in a while, and thank goodness our school gives us quite a few. It's hard for us when we start feeling rundown and overwhelmed as we progress further into the year, but a nice one-week break like this Thanksgiving break is just what I needed to relax, set new goals, and regenerate. So in all my spare time I realized I was bored and came to a conclusion - I need a hobby.


I need to do something that makes me happy and something I like enough to stick with. Here are some ideas that I plan on tackling one at a time:

Learn guitar - I have the piano down, so I think it's time to master a new instrument.
Cooking - It's a life skill we'll all need to learn eventually and I think it would be a good idea to start practicing now.
Reading - I miss it. I haven't done much reading since school has been in session. I'm reading The Color Purple for AR right now and it's incredible. My first project is to finish the Harry Potter Series.
Fitness - STaying in shape isn't only good for the long term, but also for the short term. When you are healthy and fit, your mind functions better and plus, you feel great!


With all this plus homework on my plate, I don't think I will ever hear myself say I'm bored again:)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

harry potter series= top of your list!

Danielle said...

im the same way with reading. i miss the old days when you could just sit down and read whenever and whatever you wanted:)