Thursday, May 16, 2013

One Day

My parents (specifically my mom) don't want me to go college far away. I get that they don't want me to leave them, but that is what college is about. It's about leaving the nest to branch out, gain a higher education, and find out who you are, without your parents constantly being there.

The furthest I would go would be University of Montana Western (Yeah, I know that is pretty far) 
The thing that has me hesitant to go there though, is that I would not be able to take my horse. I want to take Romeo with me where ever I go, as long as it's not to far. They really want me to go to Fresno State and tryout to be on their NCAA Equine Team, but I don't really like the college, or Fresno in general. I've started looking up out of state colleges that offer NCAA Equine teams (Fresno is the only one in California). 

If I go to Sac State for example, they still want me to live at home. It's not like I can't get a job and pay for my dorm or apartment. I'd probably end up sharing, anyways. I think they want me to stay home so I can keep helping around the house. My brother won't do anything with out being prodded like a stubborn cow. So that leaves me to do a lot of extra work, which I am more than happy to do, but when I leave I don't think my brother will step up to take over those jobs. 

I don't know . . . I just want to go places and experience living on my own during college, like any other teenager/young adult.


No comments: