Wednesday, May 29, 2013

MASH

So today is my last day of MASH tutoring and I'm actually kind of sad that it's over. At first, I volunteered to tutor because I thought it was going to be a lot more instruction than it actually is. Instead, I learned that you have to lead more by example. I would walk around and ask if anyone needed help and they would say no...so I started to talk to them more and by them becoming more comfortable with me, they started to open up and let me help them with their homework. I actually really enjoyed getting to know some of my peers and helping them make their situation a little better. If anything, they taught me how to have some patience and to become a better teacher. I think that I'm going to tutor again next year because I really enjoyed it.

No comments: