Monday, May 20, 2013

Laundry

I haven't thought about this too much, but last class I was talking to someone about doing laundry. Why? Because we were discussing the differences between men and women in Pereira's class. So of course you can't have this discussion without mentioning the typical female role of doing the laundry, right?

Well, they told me their parents did all there laundry for them, which took me to a flashback to another time where a friend said they didn't do their own laundry. And at first, I thought it was cool because if my mom did my laundry, then my life would be a little easier, but my sister argued that I'm 17. 17! An age where I am MORE than capable of doing my own laundry. And now, I completely agree.

I think it's awkward and somewhat weird to hand dirty laundry to your parents. Yes, it would shave some time off my schedule, but I don't know anymore. Parents need to take a freakin' stand and just be like "Wash your own clothes!"

Anyways, three-ish weeks left. I feel like the lady from the Yellow Wallpaper. I need to get out of this place. I'm way too ready for senior year.


No comments: