Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bells vs. Thunder

Mr. Nichols is responsible for my current boyfriend. Yes that is right, Mr. Nichols, if you are reading this you are a matchmaker (although Aubrey did most of the talking) It's weird but somehow I met a photojournalist nerd at the Journalism convention in San Francisco and now we have been dating for a month. His name is Raymond and well, everybody loves Raymond. So basically I write the stories and he adds the photo so it was a match made in journalistic heaven (except for the fact his photos are for yearbook...not journalism) Anyways, he goes to a jesuit all boys college prep school in San Jose called Bellermine and the more I learn about it the more terribly jealous I become. Of course I feel lucky with the opportunity I am given here at Rocklin High but when I hear about their school having screenwriting and film production classes I start to drool because it sounds so nice. Although they have to apply to get in and pay $17,000 a year so in that regard I am not jealous. So I got this whole attitude of comparing our schools to each other and as soon as I visited their website I was like, they win. It is so beautiful ad organized and unique and a little part of me died when I compared it to how crazy ours is. I know we are redoing it by having someone do it for us but I am just worried it will still not be nearly where there website is at and it makes me a little melancholy. Where is our public school pride? Can we please outshine his school! I'm revamping journalism next year and my brother and I are working on making our new website. Bring it Bellermine, it's on.

No comments: