Friday, August 2, 2013

These Is My Words

Since I'm taking advanced LA next year with Hurrianko, I have to read These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner this summer.  It's basically a diary of a young woman from 1881-1901.  It is unbelievably sad!  I don't want to ruin it for anyone else taking the class, but I'm not even halfway through and so many bad things have happened.  For those sophomores that haven't started it yet, I highly recommend reading with a box of tissues handy.

On the bright side, there is a love story in addition to the tragedy and hardship the characters face during everyday life.  I think I've mentioned to you all before that I'm a sucker for romance, so personally I think the lovey-dovey stuff compensates for all the other not so pleasant parts of the novel.  Good luck to all my fellow advanced LA sophomores reading this at the last minute like I am :)

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I actually really enjoyed These is my Words. Compared to the AP Lit books, it was an easy read. When I was younger I was obsessed with books about the prairie and pioneers and everything, so for me this was a book that I was reading for fun pretty much.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I loved that book, it was so moving, I bawled my eyes out at the end, so romantic!