Friday, August 9, 2013

kittensssssss

Earlier this summer, I fostered kittens for the SPCA. I took home 4 3-week-old kittens and their mom for 1 month. They were soooo adorable, and at first were really shy and scared. In the following month, they commenced to terrorize my entire room. They learned to claw their way up my comforter and onto my bed almost instantly. They were really friendly after they settled in, and very affectionate. The only problem was that they didn't know how to control their claws. I had millions of puncture wounds and scratches by the end of it all. The mom cat was super cool too. It was so awesome to see her herd her little babies around my room, groom them, and nurse them. When they nursed (like all the time) all the kittens were purring and it was so cute! The mom was already named Gracie, but I got to name the kittens Henry, Opal, Anton, and Boo. They were the cutest babies ever and I was sad to give them up. But it was okay, because they were really messy and stinky anyway. And also I checked on the SPCA website three weeks later, and all the babies were adopted. YAY :)

2 comments:

Shelby B. said...

Kittens! Your so lucky. I've always wanted to foster kittens/cats. :D :D :D

Lydia said...

Melanie you are so lucky and I am so jealous!! I love kittens, and these ones sound adorable.