Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sweet Sixteens

Sweet Sixteen is a phrase that I have heard over and over again and throughout all of my childhood I have been anticipating for the wonderful day of my sixteenth birthday.  When I was young I could fantasize all day about how my party with all of my friends would be and how the party would last 12 hours long! I would wonder what car I would get.  I would think of how romantic it would be to kiss my elementary school crush and make it my first kiss at the end of the party... I was a rather imaginative child.
And now the day has finally come.  Posting this on the last day of being fifteen I realized that turning sixteen means not just a lot of freedom but a lot of responsibility.  Sure I think of how awesome it's going to be to receive more privileges and at the same time I realize I'm growing up.  And then I have a Louis Tomlinson moment "my biggest fear is growing up".
But then again looking on the bright side, sixteen years is just another adventure ahead.  Driving, Junior year, and for me dating! I hope this year of being sixteen is as sweet as I've heard. :)

No comments: