Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Senior Year... So Far

First day of senior year yesterday was definitely a new experience. After I actually managed to get myself up and let my mom take a picture of me before I left, I got to school on time. Yay! Everything was like a dream. It was probably the combination of hanging out with friends every night last weekend and staying up until 1am to finish my AP Calc AB homework. But, all the changes Rocklin made this year threw me off even more. First, just sitting on the senior side of the gym was life altering. Then everyone kept talking about getting wifi and changing the school website and Schoology and new teachers at the assembly. I seemed to get through all of my blue day classes fine but then had to endure the longest lunch of my life. I have no seventh period or second period so thank goodness Alina had the same problem or I would not know what to do with myself. At seventh period, though, as almost all the seniors seemed to be in the cafeteria I saw students that I thought were seniors last year and students I haven't seen since middle school. Apparently everyone just loves to be back at Rocklin High for senior year! Life was way too confusing. I didn't even know how to explain how it "felt to be a senior" to my mom because it just felt way too surreal. Maybe I should get more sleep and stop living in a dream.

No comments: