Monday, August 19, 2013

Junior Year Goals

It's a strange feeling, knowing that I will be an upperclassmen next year. I still can't quite wrap my head around it -- the idea that this time next year, I will be applying thoroughly frightens me, and I feel as if I'm running out of time. I wish I had a couple more years to think about what I want to do with my life, squeeze in more extracurricular activities and consider the fast-approaching future. But seeing as I don't have those few extra years, I am determined to make the most of the ones I do have.

This year, I have a couple goals I hope to meet. The first is keeping up my grades; ideally, I would like to maintain my 4.0 UW GPA, but this is the hardest course load I have ever taken, so I know that it will require a lot of hard work and time and effort. Still, I've promised to myself to push myself to do as well as I possibly can.

I'd also like to get a job or internship of some kind. This summer, I was lucky enough to work as an intern, and it was an experience I really enjoyed. I would like to participate in something like that again.

I also want to continue with the extracurriculars I'm doing now, all of which I genuinely enjoy, and try out a few new ones as well to broaden my horizons (how cliched does that sound?) I have a pretty packed schedule, but I truly want to be involved in as many groups, clubs, and organizations as I can, because I have really enjoyed the ones I have participated in in the past.

Most of all, I was to make sure I don't over stress myself and keep things in perspective. Yes, school is very important. Yes, I was good grades and I want work experience and I want to go to my dream college. But at the end of the day, I want to truly enjoy my high school experience, because you only get one. And I hope to make the most of it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Everyone shares these fears! Don't worry you will be prepared eventually. Just make sure to enjoy this year.

aubrey22 said...

Don't stress yourself out! No worries because no one is ever truly ready for the future. How can one be if the future is always prepared to change? Live in the moment as much as you can and be sure to still prepare for the future! But, by what I can see you are going to do fine :)

Unknown said...

I can't believe we are juniors! It is crazy. We are going to blink and we will be seniors!