Sunday, August 25, 2013

Just Friends

No, this isn't about friendzoning or any of that stupid stuff. This post is about the feeling you get when you are just really happy to be friends with someone of the opposite gender and you get so comfortable with them that if someone outside your group see's you with them, it's automatically, "oh my gosh, are you two dating?!" No, no! People are allowed to have friends that have no romantic relationship involved whatsoever and still be awesome friends. Just friends. I like to call this feeling of friendship 'Platonic Love', because you simply LOVE TO BE THEIR FRIEND. It's nothing bad, and the only reason I bring this topic up is because I get asked this A BUNCH about me and a friend that some (now sophomores) have asked me this and don't seem to understand that it's okay to just. be. friends. with. the. opposite. gender. without. having. any. sort. of. complicated. feelings. toward. them. at. all. And I feel like it's important now that there is the "friendzone" thingy that people understand that friendship is cool and will always be an awesome thing. So love your friends, friends!

No comments: