Friday, August 23, 2013

A Year At Rocklin

I've lived in Rocklin for around a year now, give or take a few weeks. It's kind of a weird thought.
Around a year ago, I moved from the city of Lakewood, Colorado (a small-ish town in the foothills of the foothills of the Rocky Mountains).
I'll be honest. I pretty much hated Rocklin at first. I had to go to a new school, at the beginning of sophomore year. Make new friends, get used to new teachers. On top of that, Rocklin was just too hot, too suburban, too not what I was used to.
Looking back to all of that, well, I'd admit I was pretty darn biased. It's true enough that Rocklin is very different, but there's good in all of it.
It took me a while to stop focusing on the negatives and come to appreciate the wonderful people here. I still miss the mountains, and the snow, and the snow days when we didn't have to go to school, but I've really come to enjoy my time here in Rocklin.
It all just reminded me how change can actually turn out to be a good thing!

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

You're right, it is too hot here. I pretty much die from the heat every summer, I think that San Francisco is the dream weather!

Unknown said...

I moved to Rocklin about two years ago from So Cal! It took me a while to come out of my shell too totally know the feels! but I found out it is AWESOME here in Rocklin :D