Sunday, August 25, 2013

Goodbye Summer...

Tonight it hit me. Summer is over. Sure, it "technically" ended on Tuesday morning at 7:45, but it didn't quite feel like it yet. The first week of school is always pretty fun. It's exciting to see which teachers you get and who you have classes with, in addition to seeing people you haven't seen all summer. After the first week, though, the novelty of being back in school fades. Tests come, homework gets piled on, and suddenly you find yourself without a social life.

I had a pool party tonight with my church's youth group. We were sitting around at 8:00 and it was starting to get dark. That really made me miss summer. It's weird to be reminiscing already, as it's still only August, but I can't help it. I miss sitting outside on the curb with my neighborhood friends until nine or ten, watching for shooting stars. Between school, cross country practice, and homework, I feel like I already don't have time to sit around and just enjoy some relaxation.

As with everything, though, I'll get back into the swing of things and hopefully continue to enjoy school as much as I have this week. Fingers crossed it won't be too chaotic this year!


No comments: