Sunday, August 18, 2013

Crazy Busy Summer!

Wow.  What a crazy summer. Travel softball has kept me away from home a lot!  With tournaments all over the place, my summer has consisted of pretty much nothing but softball.  It was a fun summer though because I got to travel to Colorado for a week long tournament and had two national tournaments: one in Huntington Beach and one in Sunnyvale. 

Finally, the summer season came to an end and I could relax.  Just last weekend, I went to Dillon Beach with my best friend and my dad.  We went with my aunt and her family, plus five other families.  It was a blast! We went crabbing, went to the beach, and of course sat around the campfire every night.  One of my aunt's friends plays the guitar and sings, so he entertained us with some music too.  He's really good.  It makes me wish I could play the guitar.

This weekend, my family and I went to Lake Tahoe.  Low 80's was much nicer than this horrible 100 degrees here. We were staying in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, but there was a bike trail that led to the lake which was pretty cool.  The view on the bike trail was so gorgeous.  I had to stop about every five seconds so I could take pictures.  Although Tahoe was fun, I am happy that I am home now.  There is nothing like the feeling of coming home to the comfort of your own bed, and having cell service.   

1 comment:

Shelby B. said...

Looks like you had fun! Lake Tahoe is beautiful!