Monday, August 19, 2013

So Here We Go

Believe it or not, on the very first day of summer, I volunteered at Rocklin Elementary with my boyfriend to do some community service. Woke up early in the morning, (I can hear you groaning as of now,) and helped the Rocklin Elementary teachers clean up their classrooms and move classroom supplies and etc. around campus. It was a nice relaxing morning and I didn't mind so much getting up early. So that basically explains my first day of summer.
Gosh I hate it when someone asks you what things you did over the summer and suddenly your brain decides, "hey, time to make you look stupid and boring," and suddenly wipes your mind completely from all memories possible. That's what just happened to me. Except no one has asked me what I did over the summer yet. I'm trying to remember. Grrr.
hmm.
Does anyone listen to Jesse McCartney's music?
Anyone?
I'm not saying I do...that would be absurd....
But really, did everyone forget about him?
He did kind of disappear from the red carpet a while ago eh?
He has a smooth voice, I think.
Whoops I mean, at least that's what the middle school Shelby would have said. :P
*hides behind curtains*
......................................................
I can't believe how many movies I watched in the theater, and at home this summer.
Let's see. I watched Wolverine, P.S I love You, Rain Man, and many more.
I have a short attention span.
I can't stop thinking about the Olive Garden dinner I ate last night. I can still taste it....
So delicious! :D Great place to eat. Very satisfying.
Oh okay! Also this summer, starting in the middle of June, I swam at the Sierra College pool for Sacramento Water Polo, a club dedicated to improving water polo players' skill levels and preparing them for their polo season in high school.
Two times a week, (not that bad), for two hours each practice. Mostly to condition you for school, nothing too exhausting. The first week was really difficult for me though because for me personally it takes a long while to build up endurance and not get so exhausted all the time.
So Sac Water Polo lasted until late July, approximately the 22nd. I had a great experience and I loved all of the coaches and how they dedicated their time helping young polo players.

2 comments:

/ said...

OOOH, whose the boyfriend?

Unknown said...

I did the same thing on the first day of summer!