Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Walking To School

So, last week my family car broke down. We only have one car, so when my mom finally got home and told me about what happened, she said "Yeah, you're going to have to walk to school in the mornings." Do you know how much walking in the morning sucks? Like, I live near Safeway and it freaking sucks walking. It's hella freaking cold. JESUS CHRIST! Seriously, I really miss being able to just get in a car and get here within five minutes. But now I have to wake up at 5 AM, 5! But since I'm not used to waking up this early AT ALL, I sleep through my alarms, which means that when I DO wake up, then I'm scrambling to get all my crap together and get out of the house as fast as possible. Since its especially cold outside with the rain and fog and crappy weather, I dress in double-layers, with the exception of pants. The first day, I wore two sweaters and two pants, but that just sucked because I was like trudging to school saying "Holy crap, this SUCKS." Then, I started wearing two pairs of socks because I figured if it's raining, then it'll only go through one sock. NO. IT DOESN'T WORK. MY FEET WERE SO FREAKING COLD AND they even hurt so badly since my socks were wet. Now, I wear two jackets daily, however, it doesn't do much because I still find myself really cold. But then if I wear a better jacket, chances are that it'll wear me down and I'll walk even slower. My boyfriend told me to listen to upbeat music on my iPod, but I DON'T HAVE ANY!D: ARGH, DAMN YOU PEOPLE WITH YOUR WARM, WORKING, NOT SO OUTDATED CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Devina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devina said...

it happened to me too and i got blister from walking.

Rhiannon said...

I have to walk home, and I get to walk home with a friend thank goodness, but she's a freshman, so last year I walked home alone, which wasn't fun at all. I hate getting wet, and it's pretty miserable when it's really cold or really hot.