Sunday, January 8, 2012

Kittens

Yesterday my cousin and her husband wanted to look for kittens, since there were only dogs at petco, we went to petsmart, where they found two calico-white kittens. They are so funny! When they took them home, they were chasing each other up and down the stairs, fighting/playing, and playing with toys. I always feel bad for the older cats at animal shelters though. Since most people want kittens, it takes longer for them to get out of the shelter and into a stable home. When I got my cat, she wasn't that old, but she wasn't a kitten either. Those ASPCA commercials are also the worst, they torture you for a whole minute or more, with devastating images and stories of cats and dogs that are struggling to survive. If only they could find a safe home to live in.

1 comment:

Liz said...

1st: that is adorable!!!
2nd: those commercials of the poor SPCA dogs and cats bring tears to my eyes. It really makes me wonder what is inside of the minds of the people who own their pet and treat it like trash.
3rd: once again, the story of the kittens playing around with each other is just the cutest thing. I wish my cats were that nice to each other.......