Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Origin

So, I only have two more shifts left, and then the quarter is over at Origin, and I have to switch shifts. I'm changing from Saturday afternoon shifts to Fridays nights. It will be interesting having to come home at midnight, and closing up the shop, but it will be nicer in the way that I can go to friends houses and stuff on Saturdays. Also, during my current shift, when I get home I am always starving. Hopefully on Fridays nights, I can just have a hot chocolate or something to hold me over until the morning. Also, it will be nice getting to know new coworkers. I love the two people I work with right now. I know I'll come in to see them on their shifts. The barista is a sophmore like me at Whitney. This is nice because we're in a lot of the same classes, so we do homework when it's slow. The cashier is so amazingly nice, and she is so interesting to talk to. She is a kindergarten teacher in Roseville, so she tells the funniest stories about her students. I know I'll miss them. Plus, I've become close to the people who work the shift before and after me. I love them! The girls after me are so sweet and two are in high school too, and in the shift before me, they always stay and talk to us for about 45 minutes after our shift starts. It's going to be sad when shifts change, especially when I know some of them won't be coming back. Oh well, we'll visit, and I get to make new friends! I'm excited to see who I work with next!

No comments: