Saturday, January 7, 2012

Giving Blood

Giving blood is really not as bad as everyone thinks it is. In fact I think it’s kind of fun, and you can save lives. Before break I gave blood at the Starbuck's blood drive because I was sick during the blood drive at school. This was my second time giving blood and it wasn’t that bad at all. I just came in signed a few papers and then they started. The needle is larger than the needles they use for shots but it hurts a lot less. It took me about 20 minutes to give a pint of blood and then I just had to sit there for about 10 minutes to make sure I wasn’t light-headed or dizzy. And then because it was a Starbuck's blood drive I got a free drink and pastry of my choice. All in all it was a good experience and I will definitely continue to give blood.

1 comment:

Brit said...

hahahahahhahahaha but you have a certain propensity for giving blood ;D